For Linux packages with SSH access
Git is available for 1&1 web hosting customers via SSH. No additional installation is required. Once you establish your SSH connection, simply enter the command below to see the most Commonly Used Git Commands.
The basic Git workflow consists of the following steps:
- Importing an existing project and importing it into Git.
- Creating a working directory.
- Modifying files in your working directory.
- Staging the files, adding snapshots of them to your staging area.
- Committing. During this process, the files are taken to the staging area and your changes are permanently stored in your Git directory.
For additional information, you may want to reference: