For customers with .uk domains
This article will show to ways of verifying and confirming your data.
For the registration of a .uk domain you may receive an E-mail from 1&1, asking you to confirm your data. Please review your data in the 1&1 Control Panel or send us documents proving your information on file.
Review/Correct Data via the 1&1 Control Panel
Minor errors in filling out the My Data text fields are enough to cause the verification process to fail. Refer to the following points when entering your data. You can modify existing contact details for a domain via the 1&1 Control Panel.
- Review your address data. Pay special attention to elements such as your flat number, sub-building name and PO box.
- Enter your telephone number in the correct format: Begin with a “+”, followed by the country code and the digits (e.g. +44 20 12345 5678).
- Check for spelling errors.
- Ensure that you have not mixed up first and last name.
- Enter the correct type of business entity (e.g. Ltd., LP, LLP).
- If you have ordered a package as a private client with a company name, please use your private name.
- Check for spaces before/after the @ sign in your the E-mail address.
Verify Data Through Documentation
If you received the notification E-mail from 1&1, but have found no errors in the data you supplied, please confirm the information by sending us one of the documents listed on Nominet UK to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Refer to the list below for possible documents.
- Utility bill (last 3 months)
- Bank statement (last 3 months)
- HMRC tax notification (last 3 months)
For additional information, you may want to reference: